Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH 350 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TH 350 Swap

I have a built Th350 tranny. Tranny was smoothed of all GM casting marks and powercoated gloss black. Has a 3800 stall with a billet aluminum pan. Trans is a manual valve body setup and has a 9" tailshaft.

1. I was told i dont need another drive shaft with it having a 9" tail..

2. I need a new Cross Member and BMR makes one for the TH 350..

3. What shifter fits best in are cars with this setup?

4. Whats else am i forgeting about that i will need before i start this Swap..Replacement bolts etc?

If there is something incorect in what i have posted let me know..any lessons learned on this or advice would be appreciated. I have read a few write ups and feel pretty confident, but want to make sure i have covered everything..Thanks in Advance..Jim
Old 01-25-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

9 inch tail shaft on the TH350 means it is same length as 4L60E so your stock driveshaft is good to go.

B&M makes a torque arm mount that allows you to use your stock torque arm (it is listed as a 700R4 to 350 Swap item)

there is no 350 swap brace available (you will have to fab something (not hard))

there is also the issue of your speedo sensors and what not. someone on here knows part numbers from GM to make it work (I do not know them).
Old 01-25-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks..I have read through 2 hours of posts and after awile opinions kick in and they start to go in circles.. I think i am on track just double checking and making sure.. I hate to get in the middle of a job and find out there is something i should have done to prepare.. Is it worth getting the BMR kit or just getting another Torque arm for the tranny made for a th350?

The stock torque arm is probably ready to go..