Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "P0757 SSBS0" Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another "P0757 SSBS0" Problem

1st some history on the car, its an 01 Z28 with a Vig 2800 stall/B&M trans cooler and shift kit along with H/C & headers. All of this was installed approx 2 years ago along with LS1 tuning - car has approx 11k on the clock and is driven maybe once a month.

Yesterday morning I decided to take the Z to work (nice 31deg morning), about half way (15 miles) the SES popped just as I was entering the tollway. As I accelerated I could tell that the car wasn't going to shift into OD so I exited and traveled the service road to work. Got home last night and scanned the car, code P0757 SSBS0 (Shift Solenoid B Stuck On). I cleared the code and parked it for the evening. Now its obvious the tuner never deleted the code, perhaps he felt that the stall was small enough that he didn't feel the need.

The car has been driven for 6k miles/2yrs without a shifting problem or code, any ideas on which way to approach the problem. Should I have the code deleted or simply replace the solenoids ? I've searched the forum and it seems that lots of people running stalls on 01-02's encounter this, however why would it just now throw a code ?

Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.
Andy
Old 02-04-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you've gone 2 years on the same mods and same tune, and now you have problems, I'd be inclined to think it was mechanical and not tuning. Has it happened more than once?

Cold weather issue?
Old 02-04-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've only had it happen once - ever, never had any problems previously with cold weather. I didn't drive it today so I'll make sure and drive it tonight and post back.

IF it happens again then I think that the issue is legit, hopefully the sensor is bad and its not something more serious.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

I get the same problem with mine if I drive it in stop and go traffic in overdrive since I installed my Vig 3200. I have new solenoids but have yet to install them. If I drive the car in stop and go in drive and only use overdrive on the highway then the SES light never happens. Also if you get the light and pull over, turn off the car and wait a few minutes, then start driving again the problem will usually go away and eventually the SES will clear itself if you wait long enough.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K9: in your case it is probably just a case of tuning. I had that same issue with one of my converters.

Zero: if it is not happening regularly, for now I'd just clear the code and do nothing.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Ragtop,

I didn't get a chance to drive the car this weekend due to all the rain (car is a garage queen). I hope to get a chance to drive it tonight and see if the code appears again.

I'll post back tonight....

Last edited by Zero2Sixty; 02-07-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Checked the fluid last night and it was a little low (damn fluid is hard to see), filled it up a little and drove it around town for an hour (about 40 miles). Trans temp in local traffic stayed at 150 and the car ran perfect, on the highway the temp dropped to around 120.

No codes at all.....