Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!!! tranny problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!!!! tranny problem

Well, I had a 4L60E go out on me when nailing it in OD at about 45. I had reverse and 1st and 2nd but that was it. At the time I was running a VIG 3000 stall.

Well I deciede to upgrade to an edge 3400 stall and I got a new rebuilt 4L60E completely built that will hopefully take the power I have. Everything was finally installed and completed yesterday. The trottle linkage was a little off, For example, reverse was between park and reverse, neutral was reverse, and reverse was drive. But all the gears were there and working fine, I am sure it just needs an adjustment. here is my first test drive..........

It feels really sloppy and revs pretty freakin hi, I am thinking its the new larger converter. The tranny still won't go into 3rd and 4th...WTF. I take it back, and the tranny fluid is really low....we add 3 quarts to it.

2nd drive it feels much cleaner, shifts better etc., but the car still does not go above 2nd gear! I am pissed, I go back to the shop, fluid was a little low so we add half a quart.

I park it because it was past closing time so later today we'll try and figure it out....any thoughts? What should I do?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please.........