Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is going on

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is going on

Well about 4 or 5 months ago i got a new rear-end w/ the 3.42's due to my old one crapping out on me. so I drove it for a while w/ the new rear end and it was fine. Well a couple of months after that my tranny started to slip, like when i take off at lights the rpm climbs a little before the mph would go up. Then when the tranny is about to shift out of first between 2-3k the rpm will shoot up like it didnt catch and then i have to left of the gas so the rpm's would drop before it would shift into second then i can give it gas and if i dont left off the gas then the motor would just keep on spinning untill i let off the gas. So i drove it for a while until i could find a used tranny. Then one day is totally crapped out on me wouldnt reverse when i put it in gear and it would not shift out of first half the time. So i found a used tranny and put it in and it was fine for a few months and now its happening again. So can someone maybe tell me what is going on or whats wrong w/ my tranny. Sorry for the long post and i hoped it made sence. BTW its an A4 (4L60E)

Last edited by 98V6camaro; 04-28-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be your shift solenoids. If they crapped out, you aren't getting enough pressure to shift gears. I think they are around $30 each. I'd try that since it is cheap.