Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get 4L80

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to get 4L80

I was thinking of swaping from my m6 to 4l80 and was wondering where I could get one at a good price and be reliable. I am building a twin turbo kit for my car and would like to be consistant and not shock the tires like my old setup which made 700rwhp through the 6 speed ,but was very hard to get to hook and shift consistantly. Im not concerned about holding power just yet cause I will only make about 600 horse for now. I will upgrad later when I have more money and money is a very big consideration. Thanks for any info.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in FL and have two 4L80E's, a '95 and a '99.
They are hard to find.
The prices I got while looking for one were $400 for one not guaranteed rebuildable,
$500 to $600 for a guaranteed rebuildable core. $800 to $1000 for one out of a vehicle in a junkyard, $1800 and up for a rebuild.

They come in some 3/4 ton and most one ton trucks and vans from '91 and up.
Avoid the '91 and '92 years. Shoot for a '97 and up.

Some bigger trucks have parking brakes on the tailhousing. If you find one of these you can convert it to work in a car with a regular tailhousing and a th400 type slip yoke.
I got more info if you need it.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend dave that I bought mine from I believe has a complete kit to swap one minus the trans brace that yank and bmr sell. If you want his info he had tci flexplate, tci stand alone controller, yank 3400 converter for turbo, and a fully built 2001 with all cryoed metal parts. The housing has had 90 degree cooler fitings and shaved the excess metal tabs to get it to bolt right up. Mine went right in and just had to clearance for the main electrical plug in. pm me if you want further contact info. He sells lots of parts to sponsors and can ship.