Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

servos only instead of shift kit???

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos only instead of shift kit???

???Getting ready to have my TC installed and calling around for quotes to install shift kit, cooler,tc and vette servos (curently have not bought the servos and shift kit yet.) Long story short I got ahold of an old friend that runs a tranny shop. He mentioned to me that if I wanted to save a litlle cash I could just get the servo (vette or bilett) to firm up the shifts instead of paying for a shift kit and install. I am putting a 3400 2.0 TC into my 98Z with 2.73 gears and I am just looking to firm up the shifts and reduce the mushy shift. Will just the servos work, and is it a good idea to do the servos and not the transgo? Also, if i go that route would i benefit more from the billett as oppossed to the vette servo. Any info would be Greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

i know my 2000 trans already had the vette servo in it from the factory. you might have it as well.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by mrr23
i know my 2000 trans already had the vette servo in it from the factory. you might have it as well.
Right. And even if you have it, it is no substitute for the Transgo, which does a lot more than just firm up shifts ...
Old 05-02-2005, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the vette servos if that tranny is from an F body. Do the transgo kit. You wont be sorry.

Mec
Old 05-03-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by qew9999
???Getting ready to have my TC installed and calling around for quotes to install shift kit, cooler,tc and vette servos (curently have not bought the servos and shift kit yet.) Long story short I got ahold of an old friend that runs a tranny shop. He mentioned to me that if I wanted to save a litlle cash I could just get the servo (vette or bilett) to firm up the shifts instead of paying for a shift kit and install. I am putting a 3400 2.0 TC into my 98Z with 2.73 gears and I am just looking to firm up the shifts and reduce the mushy shift. Will just the servos work, and is it a good idea to do the servos and not the transgo? Also, if i go that route would i benefit more from the billett as oppossed to the vette servo. Any info would be Greatly appreciated.
Thanks
i hate to disagree with everybody,but i would just do the billet servos.when i had my TC installed,they installed the billet servos at the same time.it shifts harder now with my 3000stall and billet servos than when it had the stock TC.if you would like to drive my car to feel how it shifts,i live in goshen,just PM me and i can give you my phone no. to set it up.D&T Muffler in goshen did the work,and one of the owners used to rebuild trannys at a gm dealership.he told me the servos would work just fine instead of the shift kit.he was right.call them up,they do great work.if i remember right,i think they charged me about 250.00 labor or so to do the TC and servos.that was a year ago.