Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I trade....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I trade....

Someone is intrested in trading my t56 & spec III, for a 4l60e and some cash. I was wondering if I put a good cooler, converter, and shift kit in the auto, will it be able to handle a 400rwhp + 200hp nitrous? Id maybe be intrested if it could hold it, but I for sure don't want to do it if it doesnt have a shot at holding it.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A stock 4L60e will be toast after a dozen runs on 200 shot. The sucess rate of built 4L60e's on 600 rwhp is spotty. Built trannys seem to be a crapshoot; Unless the builder is local and will honor a warranty after the swap (or it is from someone with Rossler's reputation), I would not buy a used built tranny because you're paying for a lot of unknowns.

Sell your T56 and the related parts cash to someone with a toasted A4 tranny that wants to convert to an M6. You can give a little credit to use their tranny as a core if you need one.

If the car is not a daily driver, switch to a TH400. Selling your T56 set-up will cover a good amount of the swap. Those can be built to hold 600 HP for a reasonable price.