Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid tranny cooler lines are leaking

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid tranny cooler lines are leaking

Sucks because I'm here at college too and it's kind of hard to work on it in the parking lot. And I don't really want to drive it home if this stuff is leaking all over.

I'm basically just trying to get it switched from the radiator-mounted to dope-style on the side, but I need to fix the leaks first. How many of the little band clamps did your coolers come with? Mine was one short and we had to use a different style, but it seems to be leaking from both sides on both the inlet and also where it comes back out.

Any suggestions on what kind of little clamps to use or what to do?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only place that mine leaked from was the brass fitting that i have two hoses connected to. I used teflon tape on the threads and got it nice and snug on the retightening of it. Haven't had any other leaks. I used the hose clips that came with the cooler on the cooler provisions and the other connections. No leaks with those.

The inlet and outlet provisions on the cooler? If so make sure that the hose is as far as it will fit onto both of them and be sure to have the hose clamps above the thicker portions on the hose when connected. You can use two hose clamps on both connections.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:39 AM
10 Second Club

Double clamp them and always use a ratchet to tighten them. You simply can't get them tight enough with a screw driver. When tightened properly the rubber should be coming out of the holes on the clamp.