Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help, looking for street/strip 4 speed

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please help, looking for street/strip 4 speed

Hi. I'm new to the forums but not to the site. I've been coming here for insights and info for the past several weeks, so I thought this would be the best place to come for help.

I have a 2001 LS1 and I'm seriously looking for a performance oriented but driveable 4-speed automatic, sorta like a built 200R4, and I dont know what to get, where to go, or even where to start.

If you guys could please post any and all good 4 speed transmissions and a website that advertises/sells them that would be awesome. If you could list prices and specific information that would be even cooler, and if you could recommend anything that would be the best.

I drive the car almost daily but I also take it to the track on weekends, so a balance between the two is what I need. Fuel economy isn't a huge issue as my car could suck the gas out of my *** if I wasn't paying close enough attention to the fuel gauge (Its aggressively cammed, 'nuff said). Thanks in advance!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you looking to swap from an M6 or upgrade your current A4? What power level are you running - Just a cam & bolt-ons or do you have FI too? Are you looking for a 200R4 for the manual shift?

Start your search with our sponsors ------>
If you click on the alphabetic list you can get sponsors near your zip code.
http://www.flp2win.com/

Rossler also makes a good tranny but it is pricey.