Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light after installing stall and shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light after installing stall and shift kit

Well, I kinda figured it was going to happen and it did after about 50 miles after the install. I got on it a little leaving a light and the SES light came on, but there really doesn't seem to be any change in the way the car drives. I don't have any way to scan it, but i'm assuming it's due to the incresed slippage. I have read about cars throwing that code after a converter has been installed, so I did a search, but couldn't come up with any specific info. Will this harm anything if I continue to drive it?? Also what needs to be tuned on the trans to prevent this in the future?? Thanks!
Old 10-12-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got it scanned and it said "shift solenoid B stuck on" but like I said before the car seems to drive/shift/lockup just fine. Maybe the solenoid was stuck on for a second and threw the code and now it just needs reset to clear it?? Sorry for the dumb questions, i'm good at wrenching, but this computer stuff is still over my head...lol
Old 10-13-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I has a friend at the dealership look at it with Tech II and he said it was the 3-4 shift solenoid, he cleared it and it came on about 13 miles later at about 30 mph.

TTT for my previous question.... "Will this harm anything if I continue to drive it?? Also what needs to be tuned on the trans to prevent this in the future"?? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Thats funny because I just logged that same code on my car. I cleared it out and it came back on after a few miles.Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix this?! Traver
Old 10-15-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Regular

Common code after installing a non-stock torque converter. I think the number is P0757. Search on here about it and you'll see lots of replies.

What seems odd though is every other case (including in my car), I didn't have all 4 gears when that code was set...I think I lost 1st and 4th maybe..can't remember for sure.

You just need to get someone to do some tuning and edit that code out.