Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n00b auto tranny Q's, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default n00b auto tranny Q's, need help!

hi, im the driver from www.bubbadrift.com , we are waiting on stuff for next year to get rolling to build another car, however at a drift demo at san antonio speedway last saturday night i obliterated the th350 we had in teh elco, to be quite honest im not a huge fan of the auto, but due to money constraints and timing we will probably put one back in since there is no need to swap to a manual right now.

the car is equipped with a magnacharged ls1 putting down dyno proven 420rwhp/420 tq (conservative tune, we beat the crap out of that motor, but the torque is .........:nut: , anyways) and we had a 2800 stall converter on it which was obliterated as well.

so onto my questions/things i wanted to try to improve upon.

the t350's 3 gears were a tad too long for my liking, drifting the car the 2-3 shift was just toooo long. are there any other 3 or more speed trannys with closer gears that will still be cheap adn can take the kind of power and abuse we issue it? this tranny lasted well over 2 years, and was behind a big block drag car before we got it.

what all will actually bolt up to a ls1 that will work autowise, that is cheap or can be had cheap and if one you l337 tech geniouses could, list the gear ratios of them.

thanks a ton in advance, hopefully well have the video of the action that killed the tranny up soon, it was good demo till it went all

anwayys, thanks in advance
mike peters
www.bubbadrift.com