Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almsot complete with TH350 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almsot complete with TH350 conversion

Well, I have had the Rossler TH350 in for about two weeks. Works wonderful. Dont really miss the OD unless I am going across the island and 3rd gear punches rock.
I just got off the phone with Carl Rossler, nice guy and will be sending me out the 9" conversion tailshaft and reluctor wheel so I can hook my VSS up and have a speedo again! Yeah!
I have the B&M Pro Ratchet installed, however I need to redo it, and slide it over towards the pass side a little more, and forward a hair. As it sits now, if I hack the top console cover up, I will loose the ashtray and the cup holder. I need the cup holder Once I get it in the right spot I will post up some pics. But for now, the damn thing hits each gear with precise response to the slapping of the ratchet, awesome....what Torque Management
The BMR Torque Arm relocation/Transmission X member is in and fits very well also. Very solid piece, only drops maybe 2lbs, but still, this bastard is one beefy SOB. I havent messed with adjustments on the TA mount, I installed it with the TA in the second to lowest spot and have left it there. I get a tad bit of driveline vibration, but have contributed that to the new Poly trans mount (and solid exhaust hanger which will be removed shortly). I also need to make a new exhaust hanger to fit somehow onto the tailshaft.
For now its in and rocking. I appreciate all the help, advice and support. Anyone tired of blowing the 4L60E, no need to worry, the TH350 fits great and holds the power.

Charlie
Old 11-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Banned

i have thought very seriously about a th400 in my up coming solid roller project, but thise 1.5hr interstate trip to some of the hotter race scenes would get old quick. i am looking at a solid roller 408 with 4.10 in the rear spinning some major rpm for a sustained amount of time. my only other option would be a 4L80E, but for the cost of the 4L80E i could go all out on TH400. desicions, desicions...
Old 11-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Restricted User

wicked....I wouldnt sweat the 90min drive, yeah mpg wont be the greatest, but hell its a purpose built car right? I'd hate to go through all the **** for the 80E only to have issues with that, and the cost difference...ouch. You can get a lockup tc with the 400, that would help some. GL with it.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Banned

CAT3: the motor is built with the best components. it is by far not going to be a daily driver. it will also run on pump gas. i guess mpg is a trade off to performance i can live with. you are right for the cost difference in the TH400 and 4L80E i can have the TH400 built to hold up. i guess that is one more decision made. thanks...
Old 11-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned

i have rvmb TH400 with a 4.10 and 28" drag radials... max cruising speed is about 67-68mph at 3,500 rpm. i have an non lock-up converter. so if you got a lock up unit, that would get you over 70mph at that rpm.

i drive an hour and a half to the tracks around here. it's not too bad... even with no carpet.