Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who all makes Flexplates for LS1 w/ TH350???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who all makes Flexplates for LS1 w/ TH350???

ATI

TCI

Hayes?

Stock 98

Anyone else? I may need one to replace the ATI currently running if its cracked. And I dont want to worry about cracking issues again later. If its the flexplate making the ticking noise, then I will ensure the spacing is correct etc. Thanks.

Charlie
Old 11-30-2005, 03:40 AM
TECH Addict

Meziere

Reactor

Are you positive the ATI is cracked? You must have a shitload of power to crack an ATI flexplate
Old 11-30-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I run a TCI and have never had any problems
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We will be running the new upcoming B&M RTT SFI Flexplate on our race car (TH400) and street car (4L60E).

Read more about it here:

http://www.automedia2000.com/bm/bm0407a.htm
Old 11-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
Meziere

Reactor

Are you positive the ATI is cracked? You must have a shitload of power to crack an ATI flexplate

Not certain yet. I stopped by a local trans shop (owner also runs the local track) to get an opinion on this ticking sound. It was only doing it in gear, now it will do it in P/N as well. I had the car on a lift and its definately coming from (or in my best guess) the bellhousing area. I do not have an inspection cover on, so you could hear the noise from the converter area. It is not the flexplate to crank bolts, nor the TC to flexplate bolts, checked them thrice and not loose even a bit. Anyway, Paul, the trans guy, showed me a cracked flexplate and talked to me about it. Its not all about power, but the pilot that rides through the flexplate, if the converter wasnt made right/application or QC, then it puts all the weight on the TC bolts, which causes it to flex more than normal, leading to cracks. Thats just one possible cause. I am not totally sure yet, but will be pulling the **** out this w/e to inspect the plate and find out. He also mentioned the TC could have the turbine wheel separating from the stator and rubbing the front cover, but would normally have metal (from the two pieces rubbing) in the fluid. Fluid looks normal still, and smells normal.

In the end, if I need to get a new flexplate, I just wanted to know who else makes them for this application. I dont like the idea of using spacers and heard too many problems with stock ones cracking.

Thanks for the replies and help.

Charlie