Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question? Trouble with rebuilding on 4T60E GM Transaxel

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question? Trouble with rebuilding on 4T60E GM Transaxel

I have rebuilt a 4T60E GM Transaxel and upon rebuilding it and putting it on the dyno the transmission neutrals out between third and fourth. All other gears work (ie: P/R/N/1st/2nd/3rd/Overdrive), do any of you have an idea of what could be causing this problem? I need an answer or response as soon as possible. Thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Launching!

This happened to me once, and once I figured out what I did, I never made that mistake again! When tightening down the valvebody bolts, there is one 13mm bolt that pulls the 4th clutch housing toward the channel plate. I left it finger tight (got pulled off the job halfway through) and it caused symptoms like yours.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TeamTripp
This happened to me once, and once I figured out what I did, I never made that mistake again! When tightening down the valvebody bolts, there is one 13mm bolt that pulls the 4th clutch housing toward the channel plate. I left it finger tight (got pulled off the job halfway through) and it caused symptoms like yours.
thats exactly what i was gunna say. ive done it to. lol normally this causes a problem with second gear to. but more info would help. does it just have a flare then it shifts, do you need to lift off the gas to get it to shift. and what was the original concern with the trans?