Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put Stall on High Mile Car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Put Stall on High Mile Car?

I have a 99 t/a with 113k that I picked up 2-3 months ago and want to put a moderate 3600 stall in. (see mods in signature) My car was well maintained with all records and had mostly freeway miles.

A few of my friends told me NOT to put a stall behind a tranny with so many miles as it will likely kill the tranny because of the miles. Are they full of it?

I don't really want to spend a few thousand more to get my tranny rebuilt right now since I don't have the extra money at this time.

My T/A is not a daily driver and is more of just a hot rod project as my wife and I have 3 other cars that get driven more than the t/a.

Thanks in advance for your replies
Old 01-05-2006, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Torque converters are not going to kill your transmission. Heat will kill your transmission.

Get a 3600 stall, 24K transmission cooler and if you like a shift kit. As long as you get the tranny cooler you'll be just fine. And I guarantee you'll never want to go back to a stock torque converter again
Old 01-05-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually have a 24k tranny cooler on its way as we speak so it sounds like I'll be good to go.

Originally Posted by darrensls1
Torque converters are not going to kill your transmission. Heat will kill your transmission.

Get a 3600 stall, 24K transmission cooler and if you like a shift kit. As long as you get the tranny cooler you'll be just fine. And I guarantee you'll never want to go back to a stock torque converter again