Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny line C-clips Question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 02:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny line C-clips Question?

How exactly do these damn little things go back on? I took apart everything a few weeks ago for a converter swap, which i might say took WAY longer then expected due to rounding one of the allen heads bolts out it was awesome i had to cut the head off it. But back to the c-clips, i forget exactly how i got them off or how they were on the line fitting. I just wanna make sure i'm trying to install them correctly, cause it sure doesn't seem like they will fit. You put the line into the tranny and the plastic piece fits against the end of the line and when i slip the c-clip over the plastic piece it just doesn't wanna go on right and i don't wanna break or lose the little bastard. Or am i not doing it right??? I got frustrated an gave up for the night
Old 01-28-2006, 06:32 AM
Launching!

The way it was engineered, was to install the clip first, then slide the line in (thats why its tapered) and once it "clicks" into place, slide the plastic retainer over the clip to help retain it.

If you already have the line installed, thats fine, just put the clip inside the fitting and verify the line is fully seated, THEN install the plastic retainer last.

That plastic is just there to help keep the clip from popping out. It goes on last.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:43 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default cooler fittings

While the lines are out of the fittings, take the clip and put on the fitting. To install the clip on fitting take one end insert it into one of the holes on the outside of fitting,and simply roll it around the fitting untill it snaps around it. Install cooler line by pushing it in untill it snaps in place. Make sure it locks into place by gently trying to pull iit back out if it wont come out your good to go. Just make sure the clips are semi tight on the fitting and not loose.Once you have the cooler line in you snap the little plastic retainer over the line and fitting.BuYaa time for burnouts!
Old 01-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Launching!

AHHHHHH no **** no wonder, i feel like an idiot now lol for some unknown reason i coulda have swore i took the clip off the plastic piece. Like i said i took it apart many weeks ago. Plus i've never dealt with an auto before. Thanks guys it all makes sense now .

Not time for burnouts yet i still have to put the motor back together then it's time for burnouts .