Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nuetral safety switch bypass

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nuetral safety switch bypass

I have recenlty blown a 4l60e in my 95 firebird. I did however manage to accquire a rebuilt racing 4l60e trans for practically nothing. The only drawback is the car has a nuetral safety switch and the new trans has an internal switch. The old 4l60e that came out did not have an internal switch. Is there a way to make this work or a way to bypass either the one in the car or the one in the trans. I have searched the forums and have not found any answers. If anyone has some input on this it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to find the wiring for your cars NSS, tap the two wires onto each side of a WOT switch, or manual rocker type/push button. On the LS1Models, the NSS is bolted to the side of the shifter, rt side. The wiring colors are posted in here somewhere, sorry kind of a PITA to take my console apart to get at them, besides not sure thats how the LT1 are. I'm not sure on where the internal switch would come from, as its not part of the LS models, so try to find your NSS mounted by the shifter maybe.

Quick Reply: Nuetral safety switch bypass