Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans question...

my car is still in progress of mods but okay...sooo...
i have to fix the trans because it was slipping in ALL gears but first gear...
i guess the trans shop told me its gonna be like $1,500-$2,200 to fix..
but another place told me it would be $750-$950 tops to rebuild the trans.
i dont know why these people make you pay out the butt. cars are not cheap to fix.
~okay so anyways my trans keeps slipping into all gears except first.. could it just be something minor? or is it possable that i have to rebuild the whole trans? i think these guys are ripping me off because im a girl plus i'm a young girl at that. what should i do? anyone know a good trans shop here in Spring Hill area?

Thanks,
~krissy
Old 07-01-2006, 07:23 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Moving to Automatic Transmission Forum: https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission-13/
Old 07-01-2006, 08:19 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By what you telling us it pretty much sounds like your trans is history. Are you getting any check engine lights? If I were you don't go with the cheapest price out there. Remember... good work is not cheap and cheap work is not good. Also if you are moding your car, build it for the future. Check out our site if you get a chance. It will give you some ideas on pricing and also what parts to build a strong transmission for your needs. If you would like contact us maybe we know of a shop in your area to do the install. You can also go to the list of sponsors and punch in your area code to find one near you. Good luck, Vince.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
By what you telling us it pretty much sounds like your trans is history. Are you getting any check engine lights? If I were you don't go with the cheapest price out there. Remember... good work is not cheap and cheap work is not good. Also if you are moding your car, build it for the future. Check out our site if you get a chance. It will give you some ideas on pricing and also what parts to build a strong transmission for your needs. If you would like contact us maybe we know of a shop in your area to do the install. You can also go to the list of sponsors and punch in your area code to find one near you. Good luck, Vince.
yes check engine light came on. fluid is good. it came up with 2 different #'s.
when i drained all the fluid, it was BLACK. on a magnet it was about 3 inches think. it was burnt, but i changed it and it still happens.
i just dropped it off at a shop in New port richey. its gonna run me about
$750-950 tops they said. instead of the place in SpringHill which would run 1,000-2,200 to fix... thay never took it apart.
thing is i dont have alot of cash right now, and i need my car. im gonna see what this place says. they may be ripping me off because im a gurl. could this happen? but i dont know i'll get it back and find out whats wrong by like july 5th... after the holiday.