Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you guys change your tranny fluid...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Did you guys change your tranny fluid...

On your own or did you pay a tranmission shop to do it. I heard that it requires to do a complete flush of the old fluid w/o any air in between and replace new fluids. What fluids should I put in?

Last edited by bene; 07-07-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if I was going to do it I would do it myself, it's really not that complicated... I can run you through it if you would like. But unless you have a good maitnence history of your car I wouldn't do it at all, I've heard of people changing there fluids and having all hell brake loose due to old fluid holding certain things intact.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i had my friend at a mechanic shop do mine....i didnt have the know how or tools to flush it...but ive changed tranny fluids and filters before
Old 07-06-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would do it by yourself. with that being said, i'd either get a drain plug kit for your current pan or buy a deep pan (i have the tci). it has a drain plug built in. Since doing a trans fluid change doesn't get all the fluid out of the tranny i just drain whatever is in there, drive the car for a week and drain it again. repeat one more time then just maintain by just draining the fluid ever few months. with the drain plug it's really simple and since my new trans cost $2k you better believe i'm **** about maintenance.

Quick Reply: Did you guys change your tranny fluid...