Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deep tranny pan a must?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default deep tranny pan a must?

after my cam should i be looking at getting a Deep pan for my tranny? Im putting down 370rwhp if that matters.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

it doesnt hurt but isnt necessary
Old 07-21-2006, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

I have one. It is not a necessity, but you know how hot it gets during the Summer around here, so it will help keep your tranny a little cooler. It wont really make the tranny run that much cooler, but the increased fluid volume increase the cooling capacity. So, it will take more fluid longer to heat up and this can help keep your tranny cooler.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Another benefit is they have a drain plug so it makes fluid changes alot easier
Old 07-21-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

My car makes a little less than yours, with the TC locked though, and I run two 24K B&Ms and a stock oil pan. In the high heat, for 45 minutes of driving, stop-and-go, my temps' didn' t get much more than 180*. It' s overkill for the winter around here, but, it' s great in the summer. I' ve done some other stuff to keep obstruction from around them and the radiator, but, it was mostly all free, and even in near 110* weather, she stays in a good range. I' ve pretty much pulled out all the baffles in front of the condensor and removed, relocated, and replaced the washer bottle. It is under the headlamp now, so there is nothing in the way of the radiator/condensor. I drilled holes through the OEM foam bumper absorber, opened up the existing holes in the bumper bar, and hung the coolers off the back of the bumper bar, slanted backward to catch air off the lower air deflector. It works pretty dang good in traffic, and I have had no problems on the freeway or on the 1320. I' ve done most of this on another car similar to mine, and works good there too. It helps the coolant temps' more than the tranny, but, I know helps.