Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny acting up after tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny acting up after tune

Alright so heres the story...I installed my headers a couple weeks ago and soon after ordered my tune from Bryan at PCMforless. So it comes in a week or so later and I install it and notice that my shifts are all screwed up and it shifts very erradically at WOT and it won't shift out of 1st without letting off the gas a little. So I contact him and he checks all my info and its correct so he says to send in my original computer that the one he sent out must have been bad so I do and wait another week or so and get it back today. So I go install it thinking everything will be all better now but to my dismay its not. It still won't shift out of 1st without first letting off the throttle some and at speed anywhere over about 50 or so if you stomp on it it just bounces off the revlimiter I'm stumped as far as what could be wrong cause it worked perfectly fine before hand but now it seems like my trannys completely gone to hell
Old 07-24-2006, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Nobody have any ideas? Also the timing is off as well I can tell cause I'm getting some preignition up in the 3000rpms range so the tune has to be screwed up doesn't it??? This is the second time he's tuned my pcm so it seems like he would get it right which is why I'm wondering whats going on...
Old 07-25-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

A mail order tune is just a guy GUESSING at what YOUR car needs. Each car is different so he just takes a best guess and ships it off. Keep sending your computer back.....he might guess right the next time.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Yea he has been very helpful and willing to try and figure it out. So I hope it works out in the end. I'm shipping the pcm out again tomorrow for another try at it so we'll see how it goes...