Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird tranny noise or rearend noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird tranny noise or rearend noise

When I have my car in OD and just as the t/c (50 mph) locks up I hear this weird noise like gears chattering or something. I can really duplicate the noise if I put the shifter in 3rd NOT O/D. Once it goes into it high gear 3rd ( or lockup)and I press on the gas slowly and increase speed I get this rattle or vibrating sound. If it was the T/C lockup would it sound real gearish or more muffled because the T/C is deep in the tranny.
Its like a 6 sp that takes off in 2nd or 3rd and the drive trane rattles.
Thanks
Old 07-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Did you just put the converter in? If so this can be corrected through tune or a shift kit. If the converter has been in for a while and it just started doing this then it sounds like the TC Clutch is going south.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

The noise seems to be coming from rear. It maybe something rubbing or something hitting. Its very gear sounding noise.
Im going to get it put up on a hoist at the dealership and see if we can see anything to do with rubbing or something.
The verter has been in for a a while. I don't think its the clutch it would make the tranny vibrate and I don't have that. The sound is coming from the mid part of the car to the rear.