Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with downshifting and convertor lock up

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with downshifting and convertor lock up

I have a 98 t/a (LT's, OFY, 232/234 .595/.598 112 lsa, Ls6 intake, Ported tb, 3500 TCI, FLT Stage IV with Vac Mod, and 3.23's, Tuned by Allan Futral). For some reason when im on the street and crusing around (with the shifter in D) with the transmission in 3rd or 4th with the convertor locked up, i can deck the gas and sometimes the tranny downshifts, the convertor unlocks, and we are haulin ***, then other times the tranny wont downshift and the convertor doesnt unlock and the car doesnt pick up speed at the slighest. Then at the track, if i put it in D, the car wants to shift into 2nd instantly and lock the convertor up, and then when i shift it myself it just feels dead throughoout the gears and the convertor locks up in 3rd and my best time to dat ahs been a 13.02 @ 105(Pathetic, i sould be low 12's at the very slowest). Iv gone over everything. Iv swapped convertors with a 3600 vig and it still did the same thing. It almost has to be somehting with the transmission that not only causes weird downshifting/unlocking but robs a ton of performance, but i have no clue. Maybe someone else has had a simular problem. But i know its embarassing, to get out run by lid/catback cars at the track. Thanks