Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

built tranny, new program??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation built tranny, new program??

Alright, those of you using pro rebuilt trannies from any company, what did you do for computer programming? I know Frank puts in a better pump, so there is nothing to do with line pressure, but what about shift points, part throttle and WOT? Did you just install their trannies and go? Or did you midify your stock computer programming at all? Just looking to see what everyone did here!
Mine is a 95 Bird, will have a 4L60E very soon.
Thanks
Cody
Old 09-04-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Installed it and went. Nothing is required but here is a list of what I want to do:

-Disable TCC Lockup at 0% throttle (lockup hits hard with this setup, and its very annoying for it to lock back up when you let off the brake and haven't touched the gas yet. Also, you can't coast/roll well if you are always locked at speed)
-Enable TCC lockup in 3rd gear in "D" selection at 30mph (Normally will only lock in 3rd gear in "3" selection and then the overrun clutches come on which feel wierd to drive with)
-Disable TCC Lockup in "3" selection (for roll racing, TCC lockup is extremely annoying, and you need to drop down to 3rd so you aren't going WOT out of overdrive into 2nd gear)

-Increase idle speed
Normal with any lighter-mass, smaller-diameter torque
converter. Raising idle is good, but backstopping it
with idle airflow that makes sense for the real needs
of the motor (so it does not have to hunt, trim, forget
and repeat) is what will settle it down for good. Also
a bit more idle spark advance.

-Edit shift points at WOT and PT (let 1st rev a little more, space out the gears accordingly, will make the car more enjoyable to drive)
-Edit downshift and converter unlock TPS values (% of throttle required to kickdown and unlock)
-Enable downshifting to 1st up to 35mph at WOT (stock program won't allow a kickdown below 2nd if you are over 25-30mph)

Trans is vacuum modded so there is nothing to do for line pressure. Hope this helps.

Last edited by BlackHawk T/A; 09-04-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah dude, that helps out alot! Its good to see what little things people change to get it to perform just a little better.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah that is what I have planned. But remember none of that has been tested yet so i'm not sure what I can and can't do, and what exactly the limitations are.

Also this is for my setup, yours may vary depending on the shift kit and converter choice.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, good point. Keep me updated though man!