Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter doesn't seem right... Fuddle 3400

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Converter doesn't seem right... Fuddle 3400

I have a Fluddle 3400 lockup converter with a 2.1 STR. The converter pretty much NEVER locks up. Every once in a while it does, but this is a rare occasion.

Also, say I am cruising at Xmph, I floor it. Between shifts my RPMs only drop 800-1000rpms when the transmission upshifts.

When the car was on the dyno being tuned, the guys seemed to think the converter was too loose and not holding power. They did some things (I don't know what) to the settings in the PCM to force the converter to lock up, but it still wasn't holding.

Ever since it was in the car it just hasn't felt right. This is the first high stall converter I have ever had, and I never rode in another car with one so I really have nothing to go on.

What do you guys think? Is it a bum?
Old 09-03-2006, 07:33 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you getting any missfires? This will cause a the computer not to command the tcc. Not to say that it's not the tc or a tunning issue but there are some things to look at. I heard that some of the Fuddels do stall much higher than rated but that is why most companies offer a free restall. Good luck with your car and if you ever have any transmission needs, feel free to pm me or just give us a call.Vince
Old 09-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My suggestion is to call John and talk about whats going on(thats even if you can get ahold of him)It might be the verter.Other then that it might Just be a tuning issue.My stall locks right up at about 40mph.If you got the resorces rip that puppie out and send it back for a new one.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do have a misfire. A bad one that I haven't figured out. It seems to have nothing to do with my ignition system. I think it is possibly in my fuel injector pigtails/wiring but I don't have any way of tracking it down.

What do you think about the shifting?

Edit: I have the money to ship it back, but definitely not to buy another converter. I haven't even yet tried to contact Fuddle because of all the problems other people are having with contacting them. I figure I would try and find out if this thing is right or not first.

Last edited by fergymoto; 09-03-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its the verter,im sure you will get a replacemet for no charge.