Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

short shifting commanded RPM, after cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default short shifting commanded RPM, after cam

just got done with a cam install and am trying to get the car to shift at the commanded RPM. I'm commanding the car to shift 6600-6700rpms and I'm only seeing 6400-6450 from Hp tuners on the log just as it shifts. It's not shifting at the commanded MPH and I've already lowered the MPH so it will only shift my RPM's. is there something else I can do to get the the rpm's up a little more? am i forgetting something? thanks guys. --Greg
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

MPH is supposed to be the way to go. RPM is too hard, if not impossible to nail down perfectly from what i've read.

If you think of it this way, your speedometer climbs much slower than your tach...which one would you rather use? The speedometer...
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

due to gearing it's hard to find out what mph you want to shift at. I feel it would be harder to nail down. if you know your car makes power to X,XXX rpm's then you should want it to shift at that. commanding MPH shifts would take much much more to nail down.

I guess i can take a look at my log and figure out at what MPH i'm passing when it's shifting into the next gear and add a mph or two and see how it bumps it up. thanks!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:10 AM
On The Tree

If you sort this out please let me know.
I ordered a mail tune with shifts set at 6200, but launching in D it shifts at 5000 1-2 & 2-3 and is touching 6000 at line.Tuner wants to see logs but I am waiting for EFIV2 to be released so I can't help him.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Your program has to see BOTH to complete a shift (mph/rpm) do not go by your tach, they are usually a couple hundred rpm slow at top and also have a look into your shift delay and zero it out. this will make the shift instant after it sees both parameters. Did you also change your shift speed in the threshold window as well as the shift chart? They have to be equal to each other.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by klymaxr
Your program has to see BOTH to complete a shift (mph/rpm) do not go by your tach, they are usually a couple hundred rpm slow at top and also have a look into your shift delay and zero it out. this will make the shift instant after it sees both parameters. Did you also change your shift speed in the threshold window as well as the shift chart? They have to be equal to each other.
informative post bro. but a question.
are u refering to the "shift duration"?
thanks