Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Quick!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help Quick!

So, I just had the acumilator piston break in my 4L60E and it was replaced with the aluminum one. You may have seen my post earlier about it. Well the warrenty is up tomorrow and the tranny is starting to make some wierd noises.

I noticed it tonight as I was coming back from the weekly car meet. As I slowed down, the tranny, towards the front, was making a whirring/grinding noise. I started pay closer attention and I noticed that it was only a decel. Then when I was backing into my parking space, it was constantly making the noise. My roommate pulled in, and at that time, it would only make the noice for a split second when shifting from Park to Reverse. We then road around the parking lot to find that it only seems to do it when I am slowing down and turning to the left. I do not believe that it is the power steering pump or anything because it is only when the car is moving.

My issue is that the warrenty on the tranny is up tomorrow! I plan on having the car there when the doors open tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help.

-bryan
Old 10-21-2006, 12:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The turning issue makes me think you have low fluid , check the fluid levels first

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-21-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

I will check the levels in the morning before I go. But why would it only due it when I turn left? I hoping that is all it is. Even if its low, I will take it too them and let them use their fluid. I still have to get up with that guy about my bumper and all.

-bryan
Old 10-21-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Well, the fluids were fine. I took the car to the shop and the mechanic heard the noise and was very eager to resolve the issue. The manager of the shop was just as nice and as understanding...however. The owner was an idiot. The rear seal on the tranny was leaking a bit, and I understand that happens sometimes. Well the guy told me that the leaky seal will be fine in a few more miles! It either seals or it doesn't! Then I found where my scratches on the fender came from...he likes to wear a track jacket when he leans on cars. The zipper just digs in. From there he goes to drive it and cant find the noise. He comes back in and pops the hood and says that my car is missing on a cylinder because the car shakes a bit at idle, the car has always done that. I havent ever seen a LT1 that didnt shake a bit during idle..

Oh well, when I get it back, I am never going anywhere close to that shop again.

-bryan