Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solenoids in Rock-on....

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default solenoids in Rock-on....

Replaced the solenoids in the tranny *per Dave's suggestion* and it did not fix the problem. This cost ME $264.80 I want to be reembersed for it. I will start calling (i say calling cuz i know they don't like answering the phones) tomorrow. My patience will run out on friday Oct. 27th. I hope Rock-On is reading this.

I would imagine the next step is replacing the entire tranny. I want this dealt with quickly.

Dave Sr., I hope you are reading this. You told me you were sorry for "dropping me in the mud" for a while and promised to see this resolved. I'm here to collect on that.

Here is a chance to redeem yourself Dave!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi I havent seen any previous thread you have posted and dont know anything about rockon but would be willing to try and help if you can give a breif description of your problem Perhaps we can help ?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-22-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

as soon as I do that, my Rock-On warranty is void.

But here is the issue. SLOPPY 2-3 shift at WOT, and slipping in 4th gear in lockup.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Dont think they can void a warranty for talking lol.
Those problems are not going to be a solinod issue , they are a 3-4 clutch issue
3rd is th 3-4 clutch -sloppy shift means slipping , 4th gear is a combo of the 3-4 clutch holding and the band , The band is also second so we can assume its ok , that leaves the 3-4 clutch slipping as the issue lockup only compounds it makes more noticable .
diagnosis slipping and burned 3-4 clutch set .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

does that mean pulling the tranny?

btw, the 1-2 shift is awesome and can rip your ***** off at WOT, but the 2-3 shifts like crap.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yes im afraid so its will have to come out

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-23-2006, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how can you void a warranty of a company that never answers the phone. i mean what good does their warranty do if you have little contact and turnaround time of months? my problem still isnt solved, i think they sent me a truck 4l60e because the shop trying to put it in is having issues interfacing it to the converter, and the pan is definitely a truck pan...
Old 10-23-2006, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hi actually the converter for a truck 4l60e fits exactly the same as a car , they are physically indentical from that perspective ,
Are you saying they just cant get the converter to go in ?
Just trying to be helpfull if theres anything we can do let use know.
performabuilt

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-23-2006, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

****!!! they are the same? that means something else is the problem. i havent seen the problem with my own eyes, but the shop was having trouble with the transmission and converter and said they would order some spacers to possible solve the problem, maybe they meant the converter fits in the trans but gets pulled too far out of the pump when bolted to the flexplate....SORRY TO HIJACK.,..
Old 10-23-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

i'm gonna start calling today. Is it out of question to expect them to cover the cost of the parts and labor that "they told me to do to try and fix it" and it ends up doing nothing?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

i'm sure you should expect something, hell i expect alot from them, but being that my order was placed in march and i am still having to deal with them, how much do you really expect them to do? i mean as far as we can see the company has been damn near defunct for months. i came to that realization last month...you may have seen me posting up in an attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt before, but those days are over...hope you get your **** straight with them though...
Old 10-23-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

A local guy here bought a stage 4 rock on I think in May...Still hasnt gotten it. They said he was going to get it in the mail 2 weeks ago and I was going to buy it...still hasnt gotten it yet. I will be going with a performabuilt tranny soon
Old 10-23-2006, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

i wouldnt jump into it just yet, not to put Performabuilt down but the reason i am in my situation now is because rock-on was the go-to guy for a while and suddenly crashed, what they are doing now isnt much different from when rock-on had first started on tech. of course rock-on was putting out some pretty indestructable 4l60e trannies for a while, hopefully performabuilt can prove better, only time will tell though...
Old 10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

I will tell you from personal knowlege Rock-On just got in over their head. Dave is a really nice and very knowlegable guy that and built awesome transmissions in the beginning, but the workload got too heavy for his small shop. A few other things happened also that has caused them to go down hill. Like Dave having health problems, him not being there to oversee everything going on, and people not sending him back cores.

I'm not defending Rock-On, but I hate to see them get totally slammed. I too have waited 5 months for a replacement for mine. I wish all of you luck and hopefully Dave will take care of you soon.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

well update:

BIG SUPRISE

NOT.

Called the shop, busy signal for the last 2 hours. Dave's cell phone is "not accepting incoming calls at this time" translation: he's not paying his bill. I sent him a text. Try everything right?

I am so pissed right now.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Im really sorry to see when people are having problems like this but would like to take a moment and address the fundamental diferences between us and them .
1-We are not a one man show .We are a corporation with many different shops ,While presently all our performance production does come out of PA ,If needed it can be quickly shifted to any of several shops throughout the country .Our company is stable corporate has been in bussiess this bussiness the Transmission bussiness both here an abroad for nearly 40 years.
2-We have financial stabilty and adaptability to handle any volume of bussiness , When you purchase from us either a transmission or converter you can be assured we will be right here if and or when you need us , We are allways just a phone call or and email away .

But its true in the case of a small shop particularly if they do indeed make a good product and from reading I have noted several small shops that have and went down the same road and got overwhelmed , When you have a small shop doing a high volume business any little detail can be a disaster Someone gets sick , parts issues ,ect ect ,
Just wanted make clear that you can trust us to always be here when you need us we didnt just spring uplast week .And we are here and will help anyone in anyway we reasonably can wether you bought a tranny from us or not as im sure most of you have noted already

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

thanks for clearing that up...i'm sure you can understand my level of pisstivity though lol...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

I got my level 4 trans from Rock-On....I think I got it right before the down turn tho, b/c there were a few problems getting it here, but Dave got it here eventually. I seriously think I was one of the last successful customers for Rock-On. Since then I have not heard good things, nothing wrong with the trannies, just having a hard time getting them out. Like someone esle said, I think he just got in over his head and then had unfortunate events that made it even worse....Hopefully they can and will get everything going again, specially since there are so many customers waiting...
Old 10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

i've continued calling and still can't even get a ring.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

You can forget about your $264.80. Whether it's Rock-on or anybody else, if they didn't sell you the parts and they didn't install them, they aren't going to guarantee the fix. You followed his advice at your own risk, not his. Do you really think they're going to listen to your story and then immediately cut a check and put it in the mail? Ain't gonna happen. They may have some other solution for you, but that money is gone.