Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie with trans problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question newbie with trans problems

hey guys im having some big problems with my transmission. it is slipping and getting worst so its time for some work. ive been looking at the stage 2 and stage 3 transmission on ls1speed.com and i dont really know anything about them. the car is almost completly stock, but it will be a full bolt on car with a cam coming next summer. what transmission should i go with and should i go with a 4600 vig stall as well? OR my other option of a rebuild is in question, but the trans is kinda old it has about 86000 on it. Also how hard is it to do the transmission myself after i get a new one or get mine rebuilt? any write ups on it? i would greatly appreciate your opinions thanks
Old 11-02-2006, 06:06 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would look at the level 3 and 4 transmissions. The level three is for bolt on cars and the level 4 is for the guy with all the bolt ons along with head and cam packages. If your serious about building your car this is the way to go. I know there have been some write ups on installs try doing a search or maybe another member can point you in the right direction. As far as the stall 4600 is a pretty big stall I would look into the vig 3200-3600 but that is up to you. Remember to get a big trans cooler and when you have the trans done I would also look into getting a temp gauge installed into either the transmission oil pan or in the return cooler line. Give Larry at spped inc. a call when your ready, he will be able to point you in the right direction. Thank you for your time,Vince.

Last edited by FLT; 11-02-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did mean to type vig 3600 typo on my side. thanks for your opinion i will probably be giving larry a call witithin the next week or so. This is my daily driven car as of right now, that is the only problem with going with a stage 4 trans right away. the car will not be built up until summer. as of right now it just has free mods air lid and an ORY setup by pacesetter. i will ask larry what he says but i greatly appreciate opinions. thanks