Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans won't shift...Need help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Trans won't shift...Need help please!!

Hey guys, here's my problem. I was rollin down the highway at about 70 - 80 mph and when accelerated slightly the engine would spool but I would get hardly any power to the wheels. Well as I kept going last night I suddenly had next to no power to the wheels in 4th. So, I had to keep accelerating hard to kick it into 3rd to get up to speed. Then I had no power to the wheel at 60-70...had to kick it into 2nd to get any acceleration, then it got to where I had to floor it and spool the engine all the way up to 5k rpms to get the tranny to grab just a little to stay at 50 mph. Needless to say I had to pull over. I unplugged the battery to reset the computer in hopes that would help, but no go. I had to have the car towed to a shop who used a scanner while driving it to find out if it was a problem with the computer, however it does not seem to be. They told me its probably the clutches in the tranny that are slipping and not tranferring power. Does that sound about right according to what happened? Anybody have any ideas or advice for me?

Thanks,
Jacob
Old 02-11-2007, 04:53 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

You lost the 3-4 clutch pack, common. The unit has to come out to solve this. How many miles are on this transmission? Have you thought of doing the rebuild yourself? or just have it built? Let me know if I can be of help?
Old 02-11-2007, 09:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

agree with PBA sound like the trans is gone. Please have a look at what we have to offer we have a pretty good deal going this weekend and can ship wihin a day or two of order

Call 888-744-6542