Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH400 owners how much converter neck shows???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TH400 owners how much converter neck shows???

exactlly what the subject says.... When you fully seat your converter onto the input shaft how much of the "neck" of the converter is still showing.....

I'm trying to make sure my converter cannot go any further onto my tranny.... right now the pads on the bottom of the converter that bolt up to the flexplate and the mounting surface of the tranny that bolts to the block are damn near even and i KNOW that can't be right since the flexplate sits a bit behind the motor....... anyone have any other bright ideas to get the converter to easily engage all the way? I've turned the output shaft in the back of the tranny to get it to slide all the way in and felt two clunks (one being it sliding past the first stage of the converter (the big splines on the input shaft) and the second i imagine was it sliding past the smaller splines in the back of the converter...... i'm clueless as to how far it should go....
Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It sounds like it hasn't gone all the way into the pump yet. Just keep spinning the convertor and pushing in. It should go back farther.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:22 PM
9 Second Club

yeah it definitely hasn't engaged the ears for the pump yet. I've spun it and pushed it like a **** and still wont go....... i'll keep trying tho....
Old 03-07-2007, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

They can be a pain sometime,but it will go in. It will sit about 1 inch inside the bellhousing then you know you got it.