Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Fluid From The Bellhousing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Fluid From The Bellhousing.

My Trans Am leaks out of the bellhousing, it's more like a continuous drip from the bellhousing. This only happens when the car is running or has run, and will stop after it sits a good while.

I was told that the front seal on the transmission went bad, and just to be safe, I bought another converter since I have no idea what converter is in the car. It appears to be a stock one, and I was told that it was probably the cause of the leak to begin with.

Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone know what is causing this? It only leaks out of the small opening near the bottom of the bellhousing.

Thanks to any help. I don't want to run into any problems when it gets pulled and fixed.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

definately sound slike the front pump seal has gone bad and under WOT which produces more pressure the fluid is blowing by the seal.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
definately sound slike the front pump seal has gone bad and under WOT which produces more pressure the fluid is blowing by the seal.
Thanks man, the car never did this before I bought it. Lucky for me the dealer is paying for everythign! The dealer is awesome man, if I had more money I would buy another car form them just to deal with them again!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

I would like to get a second opinion so I can be sure.