Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EbAY stall converters

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EbAY stall converters

Has anyone ever used one of thse things in their cars there pretty cheap like 250 bones or a little more it would be interesting to try one out and see what happens.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got an Ebay converter in my 05 RCSB Silverado. It brake stalls to about 2400 rpm and flashes to 2800-2900 which is more that I expected. That was a good thing. It made a huge difference, but it's really just a Trailblazer converter freshened up and maybe tweaked a bit. You can't beat it for the $$, but for an F-body that will be modded, I'd save up and get a Yank, Vig or custom converter.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh I'm pretty sure EBAY does not make torque converters. Who actually makes it?

Hate it when people say Ebay just because it's found there. Doesn't really tell us anything about it, other than you usually get what you pay for and for $250, don't expect much.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it's not an "Ebay" converter. It's an individual that sells them on Ebay. It's basically a Trailblazer converter. The truck guys use them all the time. It's a GM part, not a custom built piece by any means. For a budget project, it's not a bad deal. It gets the vehicle up in the powerband like a converter is supposed to do. Is it efficient? Probably as much as a loose stock converter can offer. I haven't logged to get a real number, but it's probably not going to set any efficiency records
I doubt it would handle big power efficiently.

The guy is very helpful,knowledgable and nice if that helps any. I've got easily over 100 passes on our RCSB running low 14s and a best of 13.83 and had no issues. That's with a decent tune (by me), ASP UD pulley, CAI (custom modified Volant by me ) and a set of sticky tires.

I don't know the guy, but he has great feedback and helped guide me to the right billet servo. The truck will bark the tires hard on the 1-2 now with the stock tranny settings.

IMO it's not near enough stall for a F-Body. You will want more. Here's a link to the one I bought a few years ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4L60E...spagenameZWDVW
Old 04-05-2007, 01:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes its important to say what kind and whos selling it, We have and ebay account and do list our heavy haulers and LT1 units there. So theres good and theres bad. The important thing to remember when on there is, if its no one you have heard of, and it sounds to good to be true, it probably is just that not true. Ebay can be a great place to get deals but read everything carefully and ask around before you buy,

Call 888-744-6542