Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

converter not locking

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converter not locking

Well i just got done running my car out to the dealership to get the computer reprogrammed back to stock. This was the first road test since i got the rebuilt tranny back in it. I noticed on the way out there the converter didnt lock up, its a TCI3000 stall. I'm hoping once the HPP3 isnt in there anymore it will lock up. How hard is it on the tranny to drive it without it locking up?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

Not sure how hard it is on a tranny, BUT I just had a TCI3500 that did the same thing. Kept driving it until it finally did lock up again.... and thats when I got my grinding and shuttering when trying to accelerate. Even if it is the HPP3 do yourself a favor and get rid of the ticking time bomb!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Well I just went and got it from the dealership and drove it home and at first it seemed to shift good 1-2 and 2-3 but the it seems to slip a little into overdrive and its not locking up. After about 4 miles of driving i looked in my rearview mear and there was smoke everywhere. Either the front seal is leaking or the frontpump gasket is leaking(i'm thinking the front pump gasket since it was a brand new front seal). If the front pump seal is leaking could it cause it to slip into od and not lock up?

Also when i was heading back i stopped at a stop sign and when i took off it slammed into second and didnt shift that hard into drive. When i first took off it shifted hard into both second and drive but not as hard as it did this time into second. It has the transgo hd2 shift kit in it and a 3000 stall.

When i pull the tranny is there anyway of telling if its the front seal or the front pump gasket?