Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny not shifting! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny not shifting! HELP!

Tranny has been shifting HARD out of 1st gear lately when I run it cold, it feels like it doesnt wanna shift but when it gets warmed up it runs fine. Well today I went out for a drive and it did it again, only this time I had been driving for about 20 min. and it didnt shift this time! It would rev to about 2grand at 10mph and the whole car felt like I had just slammed on the brake so I would throw it in neutral to prevent any possible damage. I ran it at 10mph all the way bak home cuz it didnt wanna shift. Anyone know what can possibly be causing this, I also hear and feel a little bang SOMETIMES under the car as well when driving at low speeds and when its struggling to shift. Any info would be greatly appreciated. O yea, its an auto 4l60e.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed
Old 06-02-2007, 09:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you checked codes or looked at the data stream to see what gears are being comanded, When I say that I do not mean looking at for instance a tuner where you comand the shift and see if it happens, I mean looking at the data stream passivley not interactivly and see if the PCM is comanding the shifts on its own ?
However the braking affect under throttle I assume would concern me . I would do the scan first, Not sure about the banding sounds cant realy think of anything inside the trans that would cause that and the trans still work well warm.

Call 888-744-6542