Sponsored by:

>>>Any good Socal Trans. shops around?<<<

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy >>>Any good Socal Trans. shops around?<<<

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie on transmissions, I'm not going to lie. My car is a pretty stock 1998 Z28.(SS clone) It has bolt-ons and 120,000 miles on it. My problem is when I jump on the freeway the transmission starts to act up whenever I try to go over 60 mph. I hit the gas to pass a car and the rpm's redline and the car doesn't speed up or shift. I just hear the roar of the GMMG and thats it. Driving around town is ok when I keep it under 45 mph. The shifts are ok, but not firm. The fluid is at level, but it looks alittle dirty, not the good looking red, but alittle brown mixed in. I got the transmission drained & checked not to long ago at AAMCO.(maybe a year ago or more) They told me the fluid looked good and there was no metal in the pan. I want to see if any of you know of a good Performance transmission shop in Socal. I live in the San Fernando Valley. Any help would really help. I think I'm in deep %#*@! Please let me know what you got done by the shop & how its holding up to the power your making. Did you get a rebuild or did you get a new one installed? Thanks again!

Sam
Old 05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Dont know about so cal but we can ship within 2 to 3 bussiness days check out our site ,
Thanks

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 05-24-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Teching In

The guy I bought my LT1 from had the tranny rebuilt at a place called the Toy Shop in Pomona and the tranny is pretty damn strong now, I'll get ahold of him and see if I can help you out.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black_lt1_z28
The guy I bought my LT1 from had the tranny rebuilt at a place called the Toy Shop in Pomona and the tranny is pretty damn strong now, I'll get ahold of him and see if I can help you out.
I heard some good stuff come out from the Toy Shop. Anymore info would really help. Thanks Black LT1 Z28.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Does anyone have anymore information on the Toy Shop in Pomona or Mike's Transmission in Lancaster? If they have worked on your car or a friends, how was their work & do they have fair prices? Thanks for reading this and for any help.

Sam