Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jasper Transmissions SUCK!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jasper Transmissions SUCK!!!!!

I was in a bit of a bind when my A-4 crapped out on me. I talked to my mechanic(great guy,not his bad) said he could get a Jasper trans in car next day with a 7 year 70,000 mile warranty. I was like cool, thats fast. Got car back, drove approx. 50 miles and it goes into limp home mode(second and third gear only) and I call my mechanic and he says I gotta bring it to a Jasper certified service shop. Drop off car. Get car back $90 bucks later due to trouble codes not being cleared. Pissed I had to pay but whatever. 2 months later car does same thing. Bring it to shop, turns out 2nd and 3rd gear shift solenoids bad. Thought this was supposed to be replaced at time of rebuilding but guess not. Fixed problem, charged $128 bucks because jasper won't cover certain parts and labor. Anger rising. 3 months later car starts pissing trans fluid. Got TOWED to shop. Said dipstick grommet went bad. NOT COVERED. $186 bucks later got car back. Almost psychotic now. This tuesday car went into limp home again. I'm so pissed I want to extract a pound of flesh from whoever works at Jasper. With all the money I've spent I coulda had a Rock On trans installed. Don't get a Jasper trans unless you like not driving your car!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

um, duh. Ive seen jasper reman engines with different size rod bearings... I doubt they replaced those solenoids, they more than likely have a bucket of used ones.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Launching!

$186 bucks for a dipstick tube seal? Find a new shop.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:48 AM
TECH Resident

Ehh... get a T56 and call it a sign from God.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a jasper motor in my car now, its got about 20k miles on it...running ok...not the greatest...but i had no other choice...my car was under warrantee and THEY pick where the motor comes from...because i didnt have 6k laying around at the time to do my own thing....will soon though and that bitch is going 383

Quick Reply: Jasper Transmissions SUCK!!!!!