Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

valve body swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default valve body swap

I just had my 4l60e tranny rebuilt and a brand new vig 3200 installed recently. Last fall I had problems with what I thought was just pwm issues but turned out to be a toasted converter (not the Vig I just installed) that took out my pump and fried the clutches. I installed the Transgo kit last fall so I figured the pwm would be taken care of. I now get lockup... but upon the 35-40 mph light throttle I get the chatter again. Heavier load it is dead silent. I remembered that I had a beast of a time getting the ISO-Conv valve out and had to carefully drill a hole in the valve to be able to thread a screw in it to get it out. The bore looked fine and the Transgo valve fit well so I thought nothing of it. With my current chatter issues had me wondering if I in fact harmed the valve bore and purchased a used VB on Ebay. After I was taking it apart and inspecting I noticed it was a vb from 96'. I have an 01'...
Question 1 - will the 96' vb work with my 01'?
Question 2 - does my chatter problem sound like my current vb is shot and should go through the hassle of swapping a new one in?
Question 3 - Or is there simply a way to tune around the 35-40MPH light throttle issue?
Just looking for some input.