Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans comes out of lockup

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans comes out of lockup

I have a yank ss3600 and a transgo shift kit. I have put about 1500 miles on the setup and I find that sometimes when I am cruising and what I think is lock up it will just change rpms. It is like it just slips out of lock up. I have been assuming it is a tuning issue and know I need to tune things. It goes into what I think is lock up and just comes out. I have got on the car really hard once and the shift into 4th was nice and firm. My thought is whether this is the lockup kicking out or the trans slipping out of 4th. I recently swapped to 3.42's and it did it with the 2.73's as well. It does not feel like a slip just a change in rpm's. I have not seen any codes thrown either. It does not affect my driving I am just curious if it is the tuning issue or the trans itself. I am usually driving aroung the 40-50 range when this happens but it has happened when cruising around 65-70.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has not thrown codes because the controller is commanding the L/U. It's just doing it's job.

Definately sounds like a tuning issue to me! L/u is highly dependant on vehicle speed and throttle pressure... by changing the converter stall speed and the gears you have changed the throttle position relative to vehicle speed.

g