Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much for a Rebuild??

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much for a Rebuild??

hey..i'm just trying to get a rough estimate as to how much a rebuild will cost. I have no 3rd or 4th..and 1 and 2 are starting to act weird now too. Im just trying to see if its worth having someone rebuild it, or if i should just try and buy a new trans. I'm in school right now so i'm just trying to go the cheapest route possible. Thanks for any advice.

-Travis
Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, you should contact Performabuilt. He sells rebuilt, enhanced units for a reasonable cost. But there are also other sponsors here that sell units. If you are going to the expense of rebuilding the unit, you might as well get it done by someone who knows all about fbodies and the 4l60e.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis99LS1
hey..i'm just trying to get a rough estimate as to how much a rebuild will cost. I have no 3rd or 4th..and 1 and 2 are starting to act weird now too. Im just trying to see if its worth having someone rebuild it, or if i should just try and buy a new trans. I'm in school right now so i'm just trying to go the cheapest route possible. Thanks for any advice.

-Travis
Sounds cheezy I know but the cheapest route is not always the best route. Now, if your expectations are not too high for your replacement transmission then I would suggest a local shop. I have folks come in all the time with quotes that are much higher than our level 2 unit that are for stock rebuilds in Suburbans and Tahoes! No kidding, see it often.

That being said, check out our website for options... if nothing wlse be sure to read abou the different build levels in order to educate yourself a bit more!

Good Luck

g
Old 07-05-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
IMO, you should contact Performabuilt. He sells rebuilt, enhanced units for a reasonable cost. But there are also other sponsors here that sell units. If you are going to the expense of rebuilding the unit, you might as well get it done by someone who knows all about fbodies and the 4l60e.
i second performabuilt transmissions
Old 07-06-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Second Sleeper Club

Performabuilt level 2 4l60e for the win. Love mine. can handle up to 700hp. Why spend money rebuilding a stock unit that will break again under some use/abuse. Invest wisely once and spare yourself a second headache.