Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH400 install in progress...Few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH400 install in progress...Few ?'s

I am installing a TH400 into my camaro that use to have a 4l60e, I have 2 questions...I am gonna use a hurst quarter stick shifter, but the cable that comes with the hurst is really long, so what should I do?? Also I bought those gm parts that are needed to have a working speedometer, and when I took the tailshaft housing off, I don't see where that reluctor ring is supposed to be installed, where I think it would go there is something there already, does anybody know how to install this part in the right place?? Any help is appreciated...thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the deal with the shifter cable is that it's going to exit coming out of the right front side of the tranny and then go around and over to be hooked up... It's not that long if you do it the way that it's supposed to be... As far as the reluctor ring I think that you may already have one in there... Mine has one in there so lucky for me all I have to buy is the VSS... If you could post pics that would help a lot but I'd say 9/10 that is what's going on...

Quick Reply: TH400 install in progress...Few ?'s