Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans going out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans going out?

Ok, i'll give all the info that I have here. I'm just looking for opinions on whether or not my trans is on its way out. My mods are in my sig. Over the past couple of days the shifts have felt a little lazy, especially at part throttle, they just seem a tad slower. Sometimes when I shift to park, the revs don't go up. When idling/braking in traffic it sometimes feels like the car is stumbling a bit, which from all that I know, may be gm's partial-lockup screwing up my convertor. The car still downshifts and hits hard at full throttle, and all gears are working. I suppose I may just need a tune, but does anyone know if this sounds like a transmission failure coming?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

take a look at the fluiid and see what the condition is its hard to say from your description but the fluid is the way to tell what is going on
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool thanks. I'm planning to upgrade sometime in the not too distant future, and i've actually decided to get a performabuilt Pro-Race. I just need to decide what stall I want and find $2300, haha.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Good luck on finding the money , But if it any councelation the symptoms your describing sound more like a engine running issue than a trans problem

Call 888-744-6542