Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken 4L60e ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken 4L60e ?'s

My car was stolen recently, the thieves ran the car over a curb and into a bush not far from my house, where they got stuck and I assume tried as hard as they could to rock the car out of where it was sitting. When we picked it up from impound its missing reverse, 2, and OD, probablly broken while they were trying to remove the car from wherever it was stuck.

The car is going to a trans shop later this week for an estimate but my main question is what should i be looking to do when its being fixed. Can I buy a performance rebuild kit and have it rebuilt using better parts by a shop, or would it be better to just buy an assembeled transmission? Obviously since im in there already, doing a bit more than a stock rebuild is probablly best so I dont have to work with it anymore down the road. Any suggestions welcome!

-Josh
Old 01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well honestly I would suggest you buy a built units from us or even one of theother sponsors here as this is what we do.

As fo what happened to the exsisting trans they broke the sun shell and who knows what else. But the sun shell well result in loss of 2nd 4thand reverse. Sorry they messed t up for you

Call 888-744-6542