Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the stall work fine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the stall work fine?

I purchased a tci converter and i got it home and looked at the box and it is saying for 3:00+ gears which i have the stock 2:73, also it sayd for camshaft durations 260-280 which i have the stock cam. So will I have performance problems with this stall or should i be ok?

also i was looking at sendign this back and went to look at closer shop's website and all the advertised speeds are 2400-6000 how can i tell what my stall will be on that converter link here http://www.converter.com/vigilante.htm

Last edited by stefan256; 01-17-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what size is the tci? the numbers they are stating is for optimum performance. if you had a lower gear and a bigger cam, yes, it would work much better. BUT there is nothing wrong with running an aftermarket converter with stock gears and stock cam. people do it all the time.

as far as the vigilante converters go, most anyone would pick one of them over the tci brand (in an ls1 car anyway). not saying the tci is bad, just the vig would normally be picked first over it. i think the vig 3200-3400 would suit you just fine
Old 01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RICEETER
what size is the tci? the numbers they are stating is for optimum performance. if you had a lower gear and a bigger cam, yes, it would work much better. BUT there is nothing wrong with running an aftermarket converter with stock gears and stock cam. people do it all the time.

as far as the vigilante converters go, most anyone would pick one of them over the tci brand (in an ls1 car anyway). not saying the tci is bad, just the vig would normally be picked first over it. i think the vig 3200-3400 would suit you just fine

its a 12" stall after looking at it im pretty sure im going to send it back hopefully summit will be cool about it
Old 01-17-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no, i meant like what is the stall size? and beware, most companies charge a restocking fee for sending something back, not to mention you'll have to pay about $25 to send it back to them
Old 01-17-2008, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RICEETER
no, i meant like what is the stall size? and beware, most companies charge a restocking fee for sending something back, not to mention you'll have to pay about $25 to send it back to them
sent it back cost me about 25$ insured and summit had no restock fee b/c i bought it less then 90 days ago the stall speed was a maximum of 1100 over stock which woulda made it 2900 but more then likely it would have been around 2600 b/c of not as many mods ( i think)