Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2800 Stall question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2800 Stall question

I read the thread on stalls but i still don't completely comprehend so please humor me. I have a 2800 stall at complete stop , I press the brake pedal down all the way to keep the car from moving & press the gas pedal at the same time the rpm starts to climb. At 2200 rpm the rear wheel starts to spin, Does this mean the stall is locked from 2200 rpm ? Even though its 2800 stall ? Can i have the stall locked at any range i want up to for example say when the car speed reaches 40 mph for gas mileage purpose ? If so is there a portable unit out there
i can purchase lock up the stall any range when i choose to ?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

No it does not mean the stall is locked at 2200 rpm , What it does mean is your brakes do not have the abilty to hold against the torque being sent to them . When you do this what you are seeing is brake stall which is not the same as the actual stall.
Lockup on the other can can be tuned to come on at various Speeds through the PCM but this requires a tuner, Alternatly it is possible to rig up a switch to lock the converter whenever you like. I dont really suggest it , But I have seen it done. You will need to have the test for the TCC solenoid electrical code removed to do this also , Again in tuning, I would suggest you see a tuner and just have then set the the lockup to come on at normal throttle at 40 mph. This IMO would be the best Idea,

Call 888-744-6542