Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M6 to A4 swap parts listing please?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 to A4 swap parts listing please?

I have a guy that wants to swap over to an A4 on his 4th gen F-body. Apparently the car was given to him by his brother after he removed the transmission. They left the trans outside and it got stolen.

What are all the parts needed to make this swap possible? I will need a PCM out of an auto car won't I? Any special lines, tubes, wiring harnesses, pieces etc. we'll need for this? I've messed with plenty of T56 cars, which I'm trying to convince him to stick with, but I don't have much experience with the A4's.

I'm not afraid to do the work, I just need a good parts listing so we'll have everything in hand when we go to do the work with no hang-ups..
Old 01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Compstall
I have a guy that wants to swap over to an A4 on his 4th gen F-body. Apparently the car was given to him by his brother after he removed the transmission. They left the trans outside and it got stolen.

What are all the parts needed to make this swap possible? I will need a PCM out of an auto car won't I? Any special lines, tubes, wiring harnesses, pieces etc. we'll need for this? I've messed with plenty of T56 cars, which I'm trying to convince him to stick with, but I don't have much experience with the A4's.

I'm not afraid to do the work, I just need a good parts listing so we'll have everything in hand when we go to do the work with no hang-ups..
didnt like my replies in camaroz28.com and z28.com, eh?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/821133-additional-older-stickies-faqs.html
check the first listing.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I cross-posted because not everyone's on all of these forums, and there's great input to be had from each.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Compstall
I cross-posted because not everyone's on all of these forums, and there's great input to be had from each.
Agreed ... I do the same thing. Anyway, I think there's a lot of good information in that link ... I'm sure others will chime in with other great suggestions.