Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700R4 question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700R4 question?

I just installed a 700R4 in my street rod and I ordered the gauge from Bowtie overdrive to make sure that I adjusted the TYV cable correctly. After I got all of my pressure checks completed I call them with the pressure readings and they said they were good.
Today I road tested it and I have no 3rd gear. I call them back and the tech told me to shift it from overdrive to 3rd and call him back. So I did and I can manually put it in 3rd gear so he told me the 3rd gear valve was stuck.
I called the guy that rebuilt it (he is about 150 miles away) and he told me it was because the trans had been built for over 2 months, has anyone else ever heard this?
He is too far away for me to take it back so I would like to fix it myself. He told me to take it out and check it, yeah like I know where it is and what it looks like.
Does it sound right that the 3rd gear valve is stuck and if so does anyone have a picture of the valve body that I can see where it is located and how to remove it.
Any and all responses will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade
Old 02-16-2008, 12:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Wel the trans should have been prepared and properly lubed to avoid that but if it was built dry then yes cast iron valve bodies will stick , If you want to try and fix it yourself give me a yell tomorrow and I will be happy to talk you through checking that , But your builder should be doing it

Call 888-744-6542