Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Temp Sender

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Temp Sender

Can some one out there who has fitted a Trans temp gauge please tell me where they have fitted the sender unit?. I have been told that drilling and tapping the gearbox pan is the way to go, or putting a t-piece in the "out" lines to the cooler (after market cooler being fitted also) or in some hole on the gearbox for line pressure testing also works?
I'm planning to get a TCI Deep Pan so I don't want to damage it with drilling and tapping.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the driverside of the trans case there is a bolt in the pressure port. The sending unit that comes with your gauge should fit perfectly in there. It reads a little hotter than the trans actually is do to heat soak and something else that I forgot.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

I went to home depot and got fittings to make a T in the line going out of the transsmission. It seems to work fine.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just mount the sending unit in the pressure port on the drivers side of the transmission. People say not to do it b/c the trans temps will be off. EFI live actually showed my trans temps to be colder than what my sending unit off the pressure port read. I would rather be seeing hot false temps than cold false temps.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Just mount the sending unit in the pressure port on the drivers side of the transmission. People say not to do it b/c the trans temps will be off. EFI live actually showed my trans temps to be colder than what my sending unit off the pressure port read. I would rather be seeing hot false temps than cold false temps.
I also agree....
Old 03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Teching In

I would not put a "T" in your cooler lines, as it can restrict flow to your cooler. Put it in the pan, or the pressure test port thats on the driers side of the trans. I'm going to put one in the pressure test port eventually.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 AM
Teching In

Thanx alot guys

Quick Reply: Trans Temp Sender