Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hitting limiter 2-3 shift on track.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitting limiter 2-3 shift on track.

So when i got the car tuned and she shift points done, the 1-2 and the 2-3 shift points were supposed to be at the same rpm. I raced the car in novermber, and when im on the street at wot i never had it hit the limiter in between shifts. However on sunday at the track in **Incredable** weather it would hit the limiter between the 2-3 shift. Does the fact that the weather was so good and the engine was producing more horses have anything to do with it hitting the limiter or is something up?.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes sounds like you have your limiter set to close to your shift point, While the time for the trans to make a shift is a constant, When you make more power the engine RPM rise at a greater rate. And simply put there is not enough time to make the shift, Dont make it do that often till you get it fixed it can damage the 3-4 clutch. You likley need lower the shift point just a little on the 2-3 and you will be fixed. The 2-3 shift is a more complicated shift hydraulically and takes just a little longer to make than the 1-2.
Hope this helps

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-02-2008, 05:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yessir, that helps a bunch, I didnt know that one shift was harder mechanically than another. Thank you