Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6L80 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6L80 Issues

After reading the stickies and searching around, I did not find my answer, so here is my situation and my questions.

I have an '08 G8 with about 1300 miles on it. I was driving this weekend with several very hard pulls and the DIC started beeping at me and locked the tranny into 3rd (limp home mode). I stopped and shut the engine off for a little bit (had to fill up). It shifted normally for about a mile and then went back into limp home mode. I scanned it and got the following two codes:
P0700 - Transmission Control System Malfunction
P1825 - Internal Mode Switch - Illegal Range
I had it towed to the dealer the next day. They cleared the codes and could not get the problem to replicate. They wanted to let a tech take it home to put some more miles (80+ round trip) on it and I told them no, I can do that. So for now, things are fine. I honked on it several times on the way home and no issues. The dealer didn't seem to know much about it. Some water cooler discussion at work led to talk of the tranny getting hot due to the hard pulls. I will be using the engineering mode this week to monitor tranny sump temps.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st thing that came to my mind was temp as well. But it would be the reason, not the cause.

Be sure to monitor the Mode Sw. while in the Eng. Mode.

g

Quick Reply: 6L80 Issues